In the first part we found Gourmet Passport to be the winner with an unbelievably high discount of 46% in our 6 Pax experiment. We have been continuing our research and in this post we are releasing the findings from the next part of our experiment which was for 2 pax.
While the 6 pax experiment was going on we also started with the 2 pax one simultaneously.
The 4 apps to experiment on would remain same throughout the project (mentioning again for the benefit of first time readers)-
- Dineout | EazyDiner | Gourmet Passport | Zomato’s Zomato Gold
Unit 2 (2 Pax)
The Junkyard Cafe in Connaught Place is where we decided on doing the 2 pax experiment. Next up we created a fixed menu to choose from. The menu selection was balanced in such a way that it catered to a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian diners.
This is what our menu consisted of-
- 2 Main Course dishes such that
- One was Veg & one was Non-Veg OR
- Both were Non-Veg OR
- Both were Veg
- 2 Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 Dessert
Complete menu selection can be found here.
We visited the restaurant through the different apps one by one. Read on to check the results.
Since Zomato had a 2+2 Offer on drinks and we utilized it only partially in our case as compared to all the other 3 apps whose offers were maximized, to be fair we simulated another variation of our menu where we could maximise offers from all apps. To achieve this we increased our drinks from 2 to 4.
And the results that followed can be seen in the below table-
- Zomato Gold came out to be the winner in this case with an impressive 31% discount (Rs. 1201 in cash)
- Gourmet Passport came in a close second with 28% discount (Rs. 1091 in cash)
- Dineout was third with a discount of 20% (Rs. 768 in terms of cash)
- EazyDiner gave a 6% discount (Rs. 216 in terms of cash)
Results from the Actual Experiment
The results in our actual experiment where we ordered only 2 drinks were a bit different from the above scenario. Here Gourmet Passport was the winner with a huge discount of 41%, followed by Zomato Gold at 23% and Dineout coming in third at the same percentage discount of 20%.
Following is the comparison chart of all the cases from our actual experiment-
Points to Note:
Here are a few factors to keep in mind while reading the above conclusions-
- Gourmet Passport:
- Gourmet Passport’s Annual Membership for Delhi costs Rs. 1299
- Members can combine food & drinks offers. The only catch being that it offers a maximum of 3 coupons for food & 3 coupons for drinks per restaurant which can be redeemed as per the following matrix (screenshot taken from Gourmet Passport app)-
This makes one try new restaurants but with an option to buy the pack again to go back to the same restaurant
- When using the 1+1 drinks coupon, you can order any two drinks and cheaper one will be free.
- Zomato Gold:
- Zomato Gold’s Annual Membership (all cities) is being currently sold at Rs. 1900 (was Rs. 1679 when we published our first post about two weeks ago)
- Can be used unlimited number of times at the same restaurant. However, 1 member can only get 2 free drinks per meal.
- If both members on the table have Zomato Gold memberships both of their memberships can be redeemed together giving more free items and thereby a higher discount. But these higher discounts come at double the upfront investment.
- Free drink should be same as the first one ordered.
Until now we have come across two cases where Gourmet Passport has trumped Zomato Gold by quite a margin and one case where Zomato Gold marginally won over Gourmet Passport. Clearly, out of the 4 apps we chose both of these are fighting for the top spot.
In the next part we’ll cover the 4 pax experiment for Delhi in a Buffet Restaurant. Subscribe, to be the first to read the next post!
To start using any of the apps compared here use the Referral Codes below on signup to avail referral benefits–
- Dineout – 5QZRF
- EazyDiner – GURPR3744
- Gourmet Passport – RE178450 (Gourmet Passport can also be bought and used through the Dineout App thereby saving you some space on your phone!)
- Zomato Gold – GURU4442