Vasant Panchami (also called Basant Panchami) refers to the following festivals:
- The religiousHindu festival of Saraswati Puja
- Sufi Basant observed in Sufi shrines
- The seasonal spring festival of Vasant Panchami observed in many regions
- The Basant Festival of Kites in Punjab & observance in Gurdwaras as a Sikh festival;
- The birthday of the Deo-Sun God in Bihar and a harvest festival.
Basant panchmi is celebrated on the fifth day of the Indian month of Magha.
The colour yellow plays an important role in Vasant Panchami as it is related to the bloom of mustard flowers during this period.
- We usually wear yellow garments, Saraswati is worshiped in a yellow dress, we eat sweet saffron rice and yellow sweets are also consumed within the families.
Thinking on those lines, I thought let me select few of self clicked pics that has lots of yellow in it 🙂